If you live in the County or City of Fresno and your ability to pay your rent/mortgage was affected as a result of COVID-19 (loss of job, income, layoff, business closure, etc.), we can help!
Through the Housing Retention Program, income eligible individuals can apply for financial assistance to cover back rent or mortgage payments:
City of Fresno residents can receive up to $4,500 for a multiperson household, or $3,000 for a single person household. The funds can be used to cover rent/mortgage, as well as other housing related costs (excluding city utilities)
County of Fresno residents can apply for assistance of up to $1,500 for a single person household and $3,000 for a multi-person household. These funds can be used exclusively for back rent/mortgage.
Make your appointment by calling Centro La Familia at 559 237 2961
Do I qualify?
If all of the following apply to you, you may qualify for this assistance:
- I live in Fresno County
- I do not live in the City of Fresno or the City of Clovis
- My ability to pay rent/mortgage was affected by COVID (layoff, closure, illness, etc)
- I have not received other rental assistance (Stimulus checks ok)
What do I need to bring to my appointment?
- Copy of signed rental agreement or mortgage statements
- Proof of lost income (paystubs, affidavits, unemployment checks, etc.)
- Valid photo ID
- Most recent copy of Tax Returns
- Names of all people living in household, including birthdays
This program is not available for residents of the city of Clovis (visit their website for more information on their housing assistance program).