If you live in the County of Fresno and your ability to pay your rent/mortgage was affected as a result of COVID-19, the Board of Supervisors has approved a program that could help individuals affected by the pandemic.
Through the Fresno County Housing Retention Program, income eligible individuals can apply for assistance of up to $1,500 for a single person household and $3,000 for a multi-person household.
These funds are exclusively for covering any back rent or mortgage payments owed due to the effects of COVID19: loss of job, income, layoff, business closure, etc.
This program is only available for people living within Fresno County who have not received any other rental assistance and excludes those living in the city of Fresno and Clovis, as those cities have programs to assist individuals (visit their website for more information).
Make your appointment by calling Centro La Familia at 559 237 2961
Do I qualify?
If all of the following apply to you, you may qualify for this assistance:
- I live in Fresno County
- I do not live in the City of Fresno or the City of Clovis
- My ability to pay rent/mortgage was affected by COVID (layoff, closure, illness, etc)
- I have not received other rental assistance (Stimulus checks ok)
What do I need to bring to my appointment?
- Copy of signed rental agreement or mortgage statements
- Proof of lost income (paystubs, affidavits, unemployment checks, etc.)
- Valid photo ID
- Most recent copy of Tax Returns
- Names of all people living in household, including birthdays